Friday, June 09, 2006

Thursday is farmer’s market day

The best thing about being a professor is keeping professor’s hours.

The best thing about living in San Francisco are the farmer’s markets.

The result of these two facts is that every Thursday morning I am at the Daly City farmer’s market. I’m pretty sure I’m the only thirtysomething, unaccompanied, non-professional-chef male who has ever been to this (and maybe any) farmer’s market. So I feel a bit conspicuous when I go, but I still love it.


And I usually get a little carried away. This week I came home with:

Tomatoes
String beans, both green and white
Apricots
Nectarines
Peaches
Raspberries
Lemon cucumbers
Herbs: rosemary, dill, thyme, parsely, basil
Green onions
Snow peas
Fresh eggs

It seems weird to have a produce shopping problem.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the makings of a terrific omlete and fruit salad. What time shall I be there?

Carly said...

Sounds yummy and fun. I love farmers' makets. They truly are da bomb.

Melissa said...

mmmmm. This post is making me hungry.

kacy faulconer said...

My neighborhood is getting together a produce co-op which allows us to buy tons of good, fresh produce. I am worried about the extra fiber.