Friday, July 07, 2006

My weekend in Utah

A few highlights from my four-day weekend in Utah:
  1. French toast stuffed with cream cheese (Hoss rules the griddle).
  2. Bubba Burgers (look for them in your local supermarket’s frozen food section).
  3. Watching Marcy clean everyone’s clock in air hockey.
  4. Listening to my grandma insist that I write a novel about her life. And her preferred pseudonym for the book is “Mrs. Gotrocks” (got-rocks). Don’t ask me where she came up with that. Oh, and the Breathsavers she started sucking on because her saliva is drying up give her really bad gas so she doesn’t go to church much anymore. Just FYI.
  5. Squatting with my siblings in the park so the photographer can get a nice “head shot” of us all.
  6. Three consecutive days with one-hour-plus naps.
  7. Wearing shorts around for the first time in almost a year.
  8. Discovering Warren’s fries and fry sauce near my parents' house.
  9. A little Apple Beer.
  10. Waiting at a road block while the cops, with their guns drawn, took down a Suburban full of hoods two lanes over on the way home from the airport Tuesday night, with 4th of July fireworks in the background.

5 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

I don't feel bad that I'm not on the list. I understand. I have walking pneumonia anyway, so.

Melissa said...

The only things missing from this list are Flog and your mad putt-putt skillz. He-ey.

Carly said...

I'm honored that you liked my stuffed french toast. It means so much coming from you, a gourmet. Although I heard your leek-cooking skillz are slipping....did the french toast give you gas? Is that why you don't go to church much anymore?

Anonymous said...

These are good things to know. I am starting my "What to do when in the west" list.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Waterbed cover insulate Volvo locking wheel nut sockets