Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm into Gilmore Girls now

Have you ever had the experience of being sucked into a TV show despite yourself? Well it's happened to me with Gilmore Girls. I used to laugh derisively whenever I saw Michael's picture (now gone) on Hoss's sidebar, with a caption about how he and Hoss were watching the entire series on DVD. But the last laugh is his. I like to think I'm a sensitive, new-age guy. For example, I recently made a batch of brownies for my wife to take to her book club (I totally support women's literacy). But even I couldn't take Lorelai and Rory at first, when Marcy started taping reruns of season 6. All the self-conscious cuteness was just too much. Yet somehow it sucked me in, and now that we've just finished watching the season 2 finale on DVD, I'm dying to find out if Rory will dump Dean for Jess (I should say when because she is so going to dump him), and when will Luke and Lorelai finally admit that they are in love with each other?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky to have landed a standard bearer like you, sensitive new age guy. Now get that bacon cooking--I'm on my way home from work!

Anonymous said...

My apologies. That last post is from Marcy.
~ Marcy's assistant (about to be fired)

Anonymous said...

Be careful you don't venture too far off the manly-man path or you'll end up at "7th Heaven".

Carly said...

The problem with you, Neil, is that you think too much. Gilmore Girls makes you stop thinking. It's good for that. Incidentally, Mike is now completely sick of Gilmore Girls and won't watch the reruns on ABC Family with me. I think watching seasons 1-5 over the space of two months was enough for him. So....do you think Jess is better for Rory than Dean is?

Neil said...

Skewed: Thanks for the warning re: 7th heaven. I'll check myself before I wreck myself.

Hoss: I'm a Dean man, and I'm dreading his tragic fate. He deserves better.

kacy faulconer said...

Christian got me into Gilmore Girls. I am so excited for you. There is much ahead. I don't want to ruin it, but when someone tells the other person: I'm in. I am ALL in." You are going to die.

Neil said...

Wow, I'm hardly alone among dudes when it comes to watching GG. I don't know what to think.

Kacy: I'll be watching for that line. I hope it comes in season 3.

Neil said...

By the way, Hoss and Kacy, do you recognize Luke from a certain Seinfeld episode?

Carly said...

Oooo. I can't remember which Seinfeld Luke was in! If only someone had given me the box set of every Seinfeld episode ever made. And I agree on the Dean/Jess front: poor Dean. Although....just wait just wait!

Neil said...

Carly: Unless I'm mistaken, he was Elaine's boyfriend in The Sponge episode (sorry to take this blog into PG-13 territory).

So the Dean/Jess thing has an unpredictable conclusion? Excellent!

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your ndl2.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com